UCD Cinema Refund Policy
UCD Cinema values its customers and strives to provide an excellent cinematic experience. We understand that sometimes plans change, and we have established this policy to address such situations fairly and consistently.
Refund requests must be made via email to email@example.com at least 4 hours before the scheduled screening. This applies to both online and in-person ticket purchases.
To process a refund, the customer must provide the card number or booking confirmation number used for the purchase.
Refunds are not available after the movie or show has started or been viewed.
Refunds are not issued based on personal dislike of the film or non-compliance with the IFCO rating.
Event Cancellations and Significant Changes:
In compliance with the Sale of Tickets Act, for cancelled or significantly altered events (more than 45 minutes), we will first offer a complimentary ticket for a different screening or reschedule the event.
Refunds are provided if the alternative arrangements are unsuitable.
Guest Admission and Conduct:
Guests refused admission or removed from the premises due to breach of terms or misconduct will not be eligible for a refund.
We reserve the right to refuse service or entry in line with our admission policy and terms of conduct.
Special Circumstances for Refunds:
Refunds are considered for significant changes to screenings or a material breach of our terms and conditions.
No refunds for booking errors, lost or stolen tickets, or failure to provide necessary identification or verification.
Method of Refund:
Refunds will be processed using the same payment method as the original transaction.
Concession-priced tickets are available for students with a valid Student ID card and campus residents with proof of residency.
Student IDs without an expiry date but with an issue date are valid for 4 years from the date of issue. IDs without issue or expiry dates are not accepted.
Online and On-Site Ticket Sales:
Tickets are available through our online booking system and at the cinema. Customers are responsible for ensuring their booking details are correct.
In case of booking issues, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or via social media.
Customers are advised to check the IFCO rating of films before purchasing tickets. Refunds are not given for issues related to film content or rating non-compliance.
Policy Review and Compliance:
This policy is reviewed regularly for compliance with current laws, including the Sale of Tickets Act.
Our commitment is to fair and transparent ticket sales and customer service practices.
Guest Admissions Policy
Welcome to UCD Cinema! Our commitment to providing a safe and enjoyable movie-going experience is outlined in the following terms and conditions. By entering our premises, you, as the Customer, acknowledge and agree to these provisions. Please note that our Guest Admissions Policy is subject to periodic updates and amendments without prior notice. For the most current version, kindly refer to our website or inquire at the Cinema reception.
Admission and Conduct
1. Right to Admission: Management reserves the right to refuse entry to any individual or remove anyone from the premises if they breach these terms.
2. Ticket Requirement: Customers must possess a valid ticket before passing through the ticket checkpoint. Tickets are available at our reception or via our website. A ticket or an email confirmation (for bookings through the UCD Infohub system) is required for entry.
3. Ticket Retention: Keep your tickets with you at all times for re-entry into the screen. Our staff may request to see your ticket at any point.
4. Timely Entry: Ensure you enter the auditorium at the correct time, as detailed on your ticket. We cannot guarantee reserved seating for late arrivals. Latecomers may be admitted at the Duty Manager's discretion to minimize disturbance to others.
5. Film Content: Our staff will provide film information upon request. However, UCD Cinema is not responsible for the artistic or entertainment value of films shown.
Age and Identity Verification
1. Age Restrictions: We enforce age restrictions as specified by the Irish Film Classification Office (IFCO). Customers may be required to show photographic ID to verify age.
2. Student Tickets: A valid third-level student photo ID is required for student tickets. Without proper ID, customers must pay the full ticket price.
Behavior and Safety
1. Respectful Behavior: Customers must not engage in conduct that offends, insults, intimidates, or vilifies others based on race, religion, color, sexuality, beliefs, ethnicity, gender, or physical attributes. Violators may be removed and potentially face legal action.
2. Search Policy: For safety, we reserve the right to search customers and belongings. Refusal may result in denied entry or removal.
3. Prohibited Items: Weapons, illegal substances, alcohol (unless specified), and smoking (including e-cigarettes and vapes) are strictly prohibited.
4. Recording Restrictions: No audio/visual recordings or photography are allowed in the screens. Bringing recording equipment into the auditorium is illegal.
1. Mobile Phone Usage: Mobile phones must not be used in the auditoriums.
2. Liability for Belongings: UCD Cinema is not responsible for lost, damaged, or stolen property.
3. Screening Times: We strive to adhere to advertised show times but are not liable for changes or cancellations due to unforeseen circumstances.
4. Refunds and Cancellations: In case of cancellations or evacuations beyond our control, complimentary tickets or refunds (under exceptional circumstances) will be provided upon presenting the original ticket.
5. CCTV Monitoring: For safety and security, CCTV is operational within our premises, including auditoriums.
UCD Cinema is operated by UCD Campus Sport and Leisure Ltd., with its Registered Office at UCD Student Centre, Belfield, Dublin 4, Ireland.